Pssst... Hey Alex ...
Pssst ... Hey Alex ...
(BDD Photo Illustration / PS)
Don't Die in New York. Do It Over Here.
"It's a do-or-die situation. Either New York is going to kick me out of New York this year, say, 'I've had enough of this guy, get him the hell out of here,' ... Or New York is going to say, 'Hey, we won a world championship, you had a big year, you were a part of it and we want you back.'" -- Alex Rodriguez, 3.13.07, WFAN New York radio
Top 11 Reasons Why Alex Rodriguez Should
Leave the Yankees and Make the Sox Great in '08
11. Coc0-for-4 Crisp isn't exactly setting the world on fire, again, so the old eighth spot in the batting order might be open for you.
10. Take it to the bank, Theo and John Henry simply love to feed the Scott Boras Money Machine.
9. Lucchino promises to zip it until the deal is signed, sealed, and delivered to the almighty Baseball Players Association.
8. Rumor has it our current overpaid superstar, Manny Ramirez, may be unhappy in Boston, and there are whispers that he may ask to be traded, which would free up some cash. Stay tuned... developing...
7. Current third baseman Mike Lowell is going to run out of Grecian Formula at some point.
6. Schill takes it all back. You'll see.
5. You and Jetes could kickstart those sleepovers again, meet halfway in Hartford, or something.
4. We're on schedule to change shortstops three times a year now, so you can have your old position back... for a few months anyway.
3. Pete Rose called and said he'd bet every day this season that you'll wind up in Boston.
2. We don't even go to the playoffs anymore, so that paltry little 4-for-41 (.098 batting average) with no RBI in the last 12 postseason games won't even be an issue.
1. Fans here very nice. You won't have any of those pesky appreciation problems in Boston. Sincerely, Keith Foulke
(with apologies to David Letterman)