Bobby V's Bars to Take Over Boston
B D D E X C L U S I V E:
13 Bobby V's Sports Bars To Open Throughout Boston
Will Replace Jerry Remy's Sports Bars By Opening Day
Valentine Set to Dominate Boston Sports Bar Scene
Extends Bobby V's Brand With Hub Takeover
April 1, 2012: With the start of the Red Sox season just days away, Boston Dirt Dogs has learned that Bobby V's Sports Cafes, owned by Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine with locations in Stamford, Conn., and the one Bobby built from scratch early in the morning, late at night, in Arlington, Texas, will replace the two Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill locations in Boston by Opening Day.
Bobby V's will also replace 11 other well-known Boston area sports bars in the $121 million deal. All 13 Bobby V's are expected to have a grand opening event on April 20 to coincide with Fenway Park's 100th anniversary. "That date will be known as a Bobby 'Versary for the next 100 years," Valentine reportedly said when signing the deal.
With the acquisitions, Bobby V's now vaults to become the No. 1 entertainment brand in Boston. The complete list of sports bars being taken over by Bobby V's follows:
- Jerry Remy's Sports Bar and Grill, Northern Ave.
- Jerry Remy's Sports Bar and Grill, Boylston Street
- Baseball Tavern, Boylston Street
- McGreevy's, Boylston Street
- Game On! Fenway, Lansdowne, Street
- Champions, Boston Marriott Copley Place
- Champions Cambridge, Broadway, Cambridge
- The Fours, Canal Street
- Hurricane O'Reillys, Canal Street
- Stadium Sports Bar, Old Colony, South Boston
- Clarke's at Faneuil Hall, Merchant's Row
- Coolidge Corner Clubhouse, Harvard Street, Brookline
- Brighton Beer Garden, Market Street, Brighton
NESN broadcaster Jerry Remy plans to stay on board at Bobby V's as the chourico-and-chips-wrap chef at the two former Jerry Remy's sports bar locations during the offseason. And while you are digesting this story, don't forget to look back at Sox news on this date in 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, and 2004.